Worms 2 - 1997 Chiptune Intro (Remix Request w/ .xm module)

Put your requests for music here.

Moderator: DHBloodwolf

Fre3kinRetr0

Worms 2 - 1997 Chiptune Intro (Remix Request w/ .xm module)

Postby Fre3kinRetr0 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:03 pm

Hi Matt, I am a recent fan of yours and signed up right away after I learned that you took requests. (tl;dr below)

There is this old pc game I owned years back, 'Worms 2' by Team17 (The 1997 version that is almost non-existant due to a much newer release sharing the exact same name.) I lost the game to an unspeakable series of _______ years ago, and I was recently reacquainted with it about a month ago and the long forgotten chiptune intro/credits music was powerfully nostalgic. Having lately gained familiarity with 'the music community' (if you can refer to something so broad) I have since thought it would be incredible if a more modern remake/remix could be done to it.
It took some time, but I managed to find the very specific soundtrack online and it was to my surprise how very non-existant this classic piece was, nevermind finding a remix or a modern take on it.
So that's my story there.

(tl;dr: Old forgotten music is awsome but not famous, plz remix)

Additionally the video link contains an '.xm' module file download link in the description (themodarchive.org). If you can use those I imagine it can make remixing a heck of a lot easier.
Give it a listen through, and let me know if you dig the idea!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9uPONeXZKM

Thanks for hearing me.

To those members of the forum: Let's hear your opinion! Is this even worthwhile? Maybe use this thread as a collaborative hub(idk)? And just maybe you know what game I'm talking about. :)

Return to “Music Requests”